• A customer attempting to hurry things up (mostly at closing time) or selecting items without regard to size, quality or value.
• A customer buying clothes without trying them on.
• A customer who takes another look at the Card before signing the charge slip.
• An "edgy" or unusually nervous customer.
• A customer's signature that looks different from the one on the Card.
• A high value transaction on a newly issued Credit Card.
• Cards which are pulled out from pockets and not from wallets or purses.
• Card on which the validation period has expired.
• Altered Cards.
• Customers who fail to provide identification when requested.
• Customers who purchase large items and insist on taking them immediately even if delivery is included in the price.
• Ghost images of other numbers behind the embossing. This occurs when the Card has been re-embossed.
• Customers purchasing an un usual amount of expensive items.
• Customers who make several small purchases to stay under live floor limit or when customers ask what the floor limit is.
• Customers who sign the sales voucher slowly an awkwardly.