24-7 Assistance to help you live life uninterrupted. Exclusively for American Express® Cardmembers from Nations Trust Bank.
As an American Express Cardmember, you deserve to live your life without a care in the world. This is why WALLET GUARD has been tailor-made to protect you against the fraudulent use of your American Express Credit Card after theft, loss or both here and overseas. It also helps you recover other lost or stolen valuables such as your passport, driving license, keys and NIC as well as any cash loss incurred at a NTB ATM locally or ATM’s globally. The WALLET GUARD cover is valid for fraudulent transactions that take place 48 hours prior to informing American Express of the wallet loss.
Nations Trust Bank is happy to have partnered Allianz Insurance Lanka Ltd. to offer all American Express Cardmembers with WALLET GUARD, the safest and most comprehensive insurance cover for credit cards, now available for a very nominal annual fee.
Inform Nations Trust Bank of the loss, theft or fraud by calling +94 11 441 4141.
The call centre agent will immediately block your card (temporarily) and upon your request. Make arrangements for a new Credit Card to be delivered to you within three working days (locally).
The call centre agent will then advice you on the necessary process to make the claim.
WALLETGUARD Personal Credit Card Premium
|SriLankan Airlines Platinum American Express® Credit Card||1,500.00|
|American Express® Gold Credit Card||1,200.00|
|American Express® Credit Card||1,000.00|
|Blue American Express® Credit Card||800.00|
WALLETGUARD Corporate Credit Card Premium
|American Express® Corporate Credit Card||1,100.00|
|American Express® Corporate Gold Credit Card||1,500.00|
- First, opt for a WALLET GUARD cover with an annual premium fee.
- Then, your card will be debited for the annual premium.
- Thereafter, you can enjoy an insurance cover against loss or theft of your wallet and American Express® Credit Card.
Annual Limit Per Card Account
|American Express® Platinum Credit Card (LKR)||American Express®
Gold Credit Card (LKR)
Blue Credit Card (LKR)
|Credit card fraud resulting from loss of credit card following loss of Credit Card||Up to 550,000 or claim, whichever is less||Up to 400,000 or claim, whichever is less||Up to 75,000 or claim, whichever is less|
|Loss of keys and loss of Credit Card||5,000||5,000||5,000|
|Loss of passport / NIC / driving license and loss of Credit Card||10,000||10,000||10,000|
|Loss of SIM card and loss of Credit Card||1,000||1,000||1,000|
|ATM cash loss||20,000||20,000||5,000|
|Accidental medical cover due to hold up following withdrawal of cash from ATM||30,000||25,000||15,000|
Annual Limit Per Card Account
Corporate Gold Card (LKR)
Credit Card (LKR)
|Credit card fraud resulting from loss of credit card following loss of Credit Card||Up to 550,000 or claim, whichever is less||Up to 300,000 or claim, whichever is less|
|Loss of keys and loss of Credit Card||5,000||5,000|
|Loss of passport / NIC / driving license and loss of Credit Card||10,000||10,000|
|Loss of SIM card and loss of Credit Card||1,000||1,000|
|ATM cash loss||20,000||20,000|
|Accidental medical cover due to hold up following withdrawal of cash from ATM||30,000||25,000|
Terms and Conditions
- Only holders of a Primary American Express Credit Card (“Primary Card member(s)”) may apply for the WALLET GUARD insurance cover. In these terms and conditions American Express Credit Card shall mean any SriLankan Airlines Platinum American Express (R) Credit Card, American Express(R) Gold Credit Card, American Express ® Credit Card, Blue American Express ® Credit Card, American Express ® Gold Corporate Card and/or an American Express ® Corporate Card issued by Nations Trust Bank PLC (“Bank”).
- Holders of a Supplementary American Express Credit Card (“Supplementary Card member”) will receive automatic insurance under the WALLET GUARD insurance cover in the event the application of the Primary Card member is accepted. Primary Card member and Supplementary Cardmember shall collectively be referred to as “Card member”.
- In the event the Primary Card member’s application for insurance cover is accepted the annual insurance premium will be debited to the Primary Card member’s card account. The Bank reserves the right to refuse any application for insurance or any renewal of insurance in its absolute discretion without assigning any reason.
- Subject to these terms and conditions the insurance cover will be automatically renewed each year and the annual insurance premium will be debited to the Primary Cardmember’s card account annually.
- All insurance premiums paid by the Primary Cardmember will be reflected in the credit card statement sent to the Primary Cardmember immediately following the insurance premium payment. Primary Card members shall not be entitled to a refund of any insurance premiums under any circumstances.
- If the American Express Credit Card of the Card member is terminated, cancelled or closed, without re- issuance of a fresh American Express Credit Card the insurance cover will automatically terminate and no insurance benefits will be payable thereafter.
- In the event the Primary Card member wishes to terminate the insurance cover a request to that effect must be sent in writing to the Bank addressed to the Assistant Manager, Cards Services, Nations Trust Bank PLC, No.256, Srimath Ramanathan Mawatha, Colombo 15. Termination of the Primary Cardmember’s insurance cover will automatically terminate the Supplementary Cardmember’s insurance cover.
- Any government taxes, levies or charges payable in connection with the insurance cover shall be borne by the Primary Cardmember and the Bank shall have the right to debit the same to the Primary Cardmember’s Card account.
- In the event the Primary Cardmember is upgraded during the year, the Primary Cardmember shall have the right to pay the difference in premium between the premium already paid by him/her for the year and the premium payable on the upgraded American Express Credit Card and upgrade his/her insurance cover.
- The Cardmember must inform the American Express Call Centre within 48 hours of any loss likely to give rise to a claim. Only losses incurred within a period of 48 hours prior to informing American Express Call Centre will be considered for claims. Claims are subject to the Annual Limit per Card account set out in this leaflet.
- The Card member will be bound by the terms and conditions of the Insurance Company and the Card member shall at all times be obliged to comply with all such terms and conditions. A copy of the terms and conditions of the Insurance Company, including the procedure to be followed in making claims is available on www.americanexpress.lk and shall also be provided to the Card member by the Bank on request.
- The Bank shall under no circumstances be liable or responsible to the Card member for any failure or refusal by the Insurance Company to provide insurance cover and/or to indemnify the Card member and/or to pay any claims made by the Card member and/or for any other acts of the Insurance Company.
- Claims paid by the Insurance Company will be directly credited to the Card member’s card account. In the event any claim is not paid by the Insurance Company the Card member will be informed in writing by the Insurance Company.
- These terms and conditions are in addition to and not in derogation of the American Express Card member Agreement and the terms and conditions contained therein as maybe amended from time to time. Terms used herein shall have the same meanings as assigned to them in the Card member Agreement save and except to the extent modified herein
- If any dispute arises in connection with the insurance cover, the decision of the Bank and the Insurance Company shall be final.
For information on how to enroll for the insurance cover, how to make claims and for further information on the features, benefits and terms and conditions of the cover please visit www.americanexpress.lk
® 2020 American Express Company. All rights reserved. Users of this site agree to be bound by the term of the American Express Website Rules and Regulations.Nations Trust Bank PLC is a licensed commercial bank supervised by the Central Bank of Sri Lanka.
American Express is a trademark of American Express. The Card is issued by Nations Trust Bank PLC pursuant to a license from American Express.