Special Savings with American Express
Enjoy Extended Settlement Plan on Foreign Transactions
- Offer : Convert your overseas foreign currency transactions/ cash withdrawals (overseas point of sale transactions & overseas ATM cash withdrawals) in to six (6) months settlement plan or twelve (12) months settlement plan
- Validity : from 1st April 2019 to 30th April
Terms & Conditions – 6 and 12 month installment plan for overseas transactions
- This “Call and Convert overseas transactions to Extended Settlement Plan (ESP)” Promotion is made available to all Cardmembers of American Express Credit Cards issued by Nations Trust Bank PLC (Bank). (excluding corporate cards)
- The “Call and Convert overseas transactions to ESP” Promotion will be available only for overseas transactions performed during the period from 1st April 2019 to 30th April 2019. (both days included) (“Promotional Period”)
- Under Call and Convert overseas transactions to ESP Promotion, the Cardmember may convert the overseas foreign currency transactions/ cash withdrawals (overseas point of sale transactions & overseas ATM cash withdrawals) in to six (6) months settlement plan with a 0% handling fee or twelve (12) months settlement plan with a 2% handling fee, provided that such transaction value is within the available balance and authorized limit of the credit card at the time of performing the said transaction(s).
- Under “Call and Convert overseas transactions to ESP Promotion”, the single foreign currency transaction/cash withdrawal should be equivalent to LKR. 10,000/- or above to be eligible for the aforementioned ESP conversion.
- The standard government stamp duty of 2.50% on overseas transactions will continue to apply.
- The standard cash advance fee of USD 3 and 4% (on the face value) per transaction will continue to apply on overseas cash advance transactions.
- Cardmembers is eligible to convert single or multiple overseas transactions under “Call and Convert overseas transactions to ESP promotion” during the aforementioned Promotional Period.
- The Cardmember requesting for “Call and Convert overseas transactions to ESP Promotion” should inform Call Centre of the transaction he/she wishes to convert including the date of such transaction, the name of the merchant and the value of such transaction.
- The converted transaction(s) will be reflected in the customer’s subsequent credit card statement.
- The desired transaction(s) must be performed during the Promotional Period and informed to the Bank within seven (07) days from the transaction performed date to convert. The last date for accepting requests will be 7th May 2019.
- The Bank may at its sole discretion reject any ESP requests made by the Cardmember, which does not comply with the terms and conditions of the “Call and Convert overseas transactions to ESP Promotion” or general credit card terms & conditions.
- It is the responsibility of the Cardmember to provide correct information and the Bank shall not be responsible in the event of “Call and Convert overseas transactions to ESP Promotion” cannot be provided due to incorrectly and/or inadequately provided information on the transaction by the Cardmember, and/ or “Call and Convert overseas transactions to ESP Promotion” is provided to a transaction other than the transaction intended by the Cardmember due to the said reasons.
- The total transaction amount will be blocked within the existing credit limit of the particular credit card and the respective installments will be billed to the card statement on a monthly basis. The blocked value will be gradually reduced along with the repayment of each installment.
- In the event the Cardmember’s credit card is terminated, cancelled, not renewed, or suspended due to any reason whatsoever or any breach of the terms and conditions herein including nonpayment of dues under the ESP or any breach of the Cardmember agreement and the terms and conditions thereof, the outstanding installments (including the Installments that are not billed) shall become immediately due and payable in full to the Bank.
- Unless otherwise expressly provided herein, the Bank’s Cardmember agreement relating to the respective credit card shall apply to the installments and the payment of installments hereunder which shall be treated as a normal transaction charged to the credit card. In the event of any conflict arising between the terms and conditions hereof and the Cardmember agreement, the former shall prevail only to the extent the same shall relate to matters involving the “Call and Convert overseas transactions to Extended Settlement Plan (ESP)” promotion.
- Nations Trust Bank PLC reserves the right to withdraw the “Call and Convert overseas transactions to Extended Settlement Plan (ESP)” promotion and/or change the terms and conditions of “Call and Convert overseas transactions to Extended Settlement Plan (ESP)” promotion at its sole discretion during the offer period.