Website Rules and Regulations
Nations Trust Bank PLC requires that all visitors to our site(s) on the World Wide Web that mention American Express®-branded products and services (the “Site”) adhere to the following rules and regulations. By accessing the Site you indicate your acknowledgment and acceptance of these terms and conditions.
- SITE OWNERSHIP
The Site is owned and controlled by Nations Trust Bank PLC,. American Express® Company and its subsidiaries and affiliates (“American Express®”) have no responsibility or liability for the Site.
- LAWS AND REGULATIONS
User access to and use of the Site is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations.
The trademarks, logos and service marks (“Marks”) displayed on the Site are the property of Nations Trust Bank PLC, American Express and other parties. Users are prohibited from using any Marks without obtaining the prior written permission of Nations Trust Bank PLC, American Express® or such third party that may own the Marks. All content on the Site is protected by copyright. Users are prohibited from modifying, copying, distributing, transmitting, displaying, publishing, selling, licensing, creating derivative works or using any content on the Site for commercial or public purposes.
- NO WARRANTIES
ALL INFORMATION ON THE SITE IS PROVIDED TO YOU “AS IS” WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND EITHER EXPRESS OF IMPLIED INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, TITLE, NON-INFRINGEMENT, SECURITY OR ACCURACY. Under no circumstance will Nations Trust Bank PLC be liable for any loss or damage caused by a user’s reliance on information obtained through the Site. It is the responsibility of the user to independently evaluate the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any information, opinion, advice or other content available through the Site. Please seek the advice of professionals, as appropriate, regarding the evaluation of any specific information, opinion, advice, or other content.
- LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
Nations Trust Bank PLC and American Express specifically disclaim any liability (whether based in contract, tort, strict liability or otherwise) for any direct, indirect, incidental, consequential, or special damages arising out of or in any way connected with access to or use of the Site, (even if Nations Trust Bank PLC or American Express® have been advised of the possibility of such damages) including liability associated with any viruses which may infect a user’s computer equipment.
- CONFIDENTIALITY OF USER COMMUNICATIONS
Except as required by law, Nations Trust Bank PLC will maintain the confidentiality of all user communications which contain personal user information and which are transmitted directly to Nations Trust Bank PLC. Postings by a user on any message board or in any chat room will not be protected as confidential. Furthermore Nations Trust Bank PLC may, without liability of any kind or nature, use and provide information contained in any such postings (including any ideas, concepts, know-how or other intellectual property) to any third party including but not limited to its parent company, subsidiaries and affiliates or to American Express® for any purpose whatsoever and as deemed appropriate by Nations Trust Bank PLC, subject to applicable law.
- LINKED INTERNET SITES
Nations Trust Bank PLC and American Express® are not responsible or liable for the content available on any other Internet sites linked to the Site. Access to any other Internet sites linked to the Site is at the user’s own risk.
- Any unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, profane, hateful, racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable material of any kind, including, but not limited to, any material which encourages conduct that would constitute a criminal offense, give rise to civil liability or otherwise violate any applicable local, state, national or international law.
- Advertisements or solicitations of any kind. [Note: This is not applicable for those Sites with message boards containing classified advertisements.]
- Messages posted by users impersonating others.
- Personal information such as messages which state phone numbers, social security numbers, account numbers, addresses, or employer reference
- Messages by non-spokesperson employees of Nations Trust Bank PLC or American Express purporting to speak on behalf of Nations Trust Bank PLC or American Express®.
- Messages that offer unauthorized downloads of any copyrighted or private information.
- Multiple messages placed within individual folders by the same user restating the same point. h. Chain letters of any kind
- TRANSMISSION OF PERSONAL DATA
[For use in connection with Sites through which proprietary Cardmember /Customer account data may be transmitted.] User acknowledges and agrees that by providing Nations Trust Bank PLC with any personal or proprietary user information through the Site, user consents to the transmission of such personal or proprietary user information over international borders as necessary for processing in accordance with Nations Trust Bank PLC’s standard business practices.
- CHANGES TO RULES AND REGULATIONS
Nations Trust Bank PLC reserves the right to revise these Rules and Regulations at any time and users are deemed to be apprised of and bound by any changes to these Rules and Regulations.
- VIOLATIONS OF RULES AND REGULATIONS
Nations Trust Bank PLC and American Express reserve the right to seek all remedies available at law and in equity for violations of these Rules and Regulations, including the right to block access from a particular Internet address to the Site.
- ACCESS TO PASSWORD PROTECTED/SECURE AREAS
Access to and use of password protected and/or secure areas of the Site is restricted to authorized users only. Unauthorized individuals attempting to access these areas of the Site may be subject to prosecution.
- SITE OWNERSHIP