- A customer attempting to hurry things up (mostly at closing time) or selecting items without regard to size, quality or value.
- A customer buying clothes without trying them on.
- A customer who takes another look at the Card before signing the charge slip.
- An “edgy” or unusually nervous customer.
- A customer’s signature that looks different from the one on the Card.
- A high value transaction on a newly issued Credit Card.
- Cards which are pulled out from pockets and not from wallets or purses.Card on which the validation period has expired.
- Altered Cards.
- Customers who fail to provide identification when requested.
- Customers who purchase large items and insist on taking them immediately even if delivery is included in the price.
- Ghost images of other numbers behind the embossing. This occurs when the Card has been re-embossed.
- Customers purchasing an un usual amount of expensive items.
- Customers who make several small purchases to stay under live floor limit or when customers ask what the floor limit is.
- Customers who sign the sales voucher slowly and awkwardly.
- The Card number and the signature on the Card matches those on the signed slip.
- Hologram (optional).
- The Card relates to the holder in terms of name, age and gender.
- Registration mark next to the Blue box logo.
- The four digit batch code on the front of the Card is always printed (not embossed).
- Cards are not transferable even among family members.
- The Card (signature stripe) is not tampered with or damaged or a dull finish Card.
- Card number on the front and the reverse of the presented Card should be similar.
To operate at peak efficiency and maximise profits you need a reliable and cost-effective electronic payment system. That’s exactly what American Express Electronic Data Capture (EDC) terminals deliver.
With a low rental fee, capability to support all major banks and easy operation, our terminals are affordable and help to improve customer satisfaction. Here’s why it makes sense to choose an American Express EDC terminal:
- Low monthly rental with no additional costs
- Compatibility with all major banks
- Easy to use with intuitive functions
- Compact design to free up your counter space
You’ll also enjoy cost-saving and convenient service, including:
- Free setup
- Free installation
- Free staff training
- Free stationery
Sign Up for Offers
® 2020 American Express Company. All rights reserved. Users of this site agree to be bound by the term of the American Express Website Rules and Regulations.Nations Trust Bank PLC is a licensed commercial bank supervised by the Central Bank of Sri Lanka.
American Express is a trademark of American Express. The Card is issued by Nations Trust Bank PLC pursuant to a license from American Express.