Automated Bill Settlement
American Express is the only card that offers you a unique, convenient and hassle free solution by arranging payment of your monthly utility bills for electricity, telephone, cable TV, internet, subscriptions insurance and other service providers through the Automated Bill Settlement Facility
- Membership Rewards points on your monthly bills
- Consolidated view of your monthly bills in one statement
- Convenient and timely payment of recurring bills every month
- Hassle Free and assured payments, while letting you avoid the stress of paying separate bills or the risk of late payments
- Avoid the hassle of paying separate bills or the risk of late payments since we do it for you
Please call our 24/7 call center on +94 11 441 4141
Terms and Conditions
- The Automated Bill Settlement facility (the “facility’) is available on all Primary American Express Cards issued by Nations Trust Bank PLC (the “Bank”).
- The Cardmember shall continue to make payment in the usual manner to the relevant establishments until the Cardmember receives a SMS from Nations Trust Bank PLC American Express Card Centre confirming the Cardmember’s registration(s) for the facility.
- The Cardmember shall continue to make payment in the usual manner to the relevant establishments until the Cardmember receives a letter from Nations Trust Bank PLC American Express Card Centre confirming the Cardmember’s registration(s) for the facility.
- The Bank accepts no liability for the quality of the goods and/or services provided by the establishments concerned.
- Neither the Bank nor any establishment will be liable for any disconnection(s)/discontinuation of services effected due to failure by the Cardmember to make due payments to any establishment prior to registration of the Cardmember for the facility.
- The Bank reserves the right not to make any payments under the facility in respect of any Cardmember in the event of lack of funds or delinquency of the Cardmember or where the American Express Card of the Cardmember (the “Card”) cannot otherwise be honoured in accordance with the terms and conditions of the Bank governing cards or where the establishment has committed an error in processing the application of the Cardmember or in forwarding the billing details of the Cardmember. In such an event the Bank also reserves the right to immediately discontinue the facility altogether in respect of such Cardmember. Provided however that notwithstanding the immediately preceding provisions, the Bank may in such circumstances make such payments at its sole and absolute discretion.
- The Bank may but shall be under no liability to inform the Cardmember of payments not effected under this facility on the due date(s) for any of the reasons stated in clause 7 above or to give notice of discontinuation of the facility under the said clause.
- The Bank shall be entitled to debit the account of the Cardmember for any payments made by the Bank under the facility at any time.
- The Bank may at it’s sole and absolute discretion continue to make payments under the facility even where the Cardmember’s Card account goes over limit and the Cardmember will be liable for all charges including interest and over limit charges in accordance with the terms and conditions of the Bank governing cards.
- The Bank reserves the right to refuse any application of a Cardmember for registration for the facility at its sole and absolute discretion without assigning any reason therefore.
- The Bank reserves the right to terminate the facility in respect of any Cardmember at any time in it’s sole and absolute discretion without assigning any reason, upon giving the Cardmember notice in writing of such termination to the last recorded address of the Cardmember.
- Any notice given to a Cardmember by the Bank hereunder shall be deemed to have been received by the Cardmember seven (7) days after posting.
- The Bank shall not be liable for any disconnection(s)/discontinuation of services by any establishment for any reason or for the consequences of any delays or failures by any establishment.
- The Cardmember is bound by the Cardmember terms and conditions, the Bank’s terms and conditions governing this facility and by the terms and conditions of the respective establishments.
- The Bank reserves the right to modify any of the rules, terms and conditions applicable to the facility including these terms and conditions at any time without prior notice.
- In the event of any dispute arising, the decision of Nations Trust Bank PLC, American Express Card Centre and/or the respective establishments shall be final and binding on the Cardmember.
For Nations Personal Investment Pan and Nations Kidz Investment Plan Automated Bill Settlement related terms & conditions, please click here.
® 2020 American Express Company. All rights reserved. Users of this site agree to be bound by the term of the American Express Website Rules and Regulations.Nations Trust Bank PLC is a licensed commercial bank supervised by the Central Bank of Sri Lanka.
American Express is a trademark of American Express. The Card is issued by Nations Trust Bank PLC pursuant to a license from American Express.