About Membership Miles
About The Program
- How do I Enrol in the Membership Miles Program?
The American Express Explorer Card is eligible to earn Membership Miles and are automatically enrolled in the Program. To find out more, call your Relationship Manager or contact us on +94 11 4 315 315 or visit Nations Online Banking or via your Nations Mobile Banking app..
- What can I get for my Miles?
Your points give you access to a wide range of exciting Rewards. You can enjoy over 100 redemption offers under categories such as Shopping, Beauty & Wellness, Travel & Leisure, Wine & Dine, Online stores.
Click here to explore the rewards catalogue.
- Can anyone else use my points?
As the Basic Cardmember, you are the only person who can redeem the points in your Membership Miles Account.
- Why were points taken from my account?
You may lose points in the following circumstances:
- If you do not make your required monthly payment on time
- If you cancel your Card
- If we cancel your Card
- If your Membership Mile Account is cancelled
- You can request we return lost points. It is ultimately our decision and we may agree to return lost points if:
- Your Card and all Linked Cards are in good standing;
- You make your request to return lost points within 3 months of the date of the Card statement showing the points removed; and
- You pay the reinstatement fee
Click here to view latest rewards.
- How do I earn Membership Miles?
You earn Membership Miles for eligible purchases charged to your American Express Explorer Card. Simply charge your everyday purchases to your Card and your Miles will add up quickly.
- Earn 2 Membership Miles for every LKR 100 used on Airlines, Hotels, Dining and Travel Agents.
- Earn 1 Membership Mile for every LKR 100 used on all other purchases made on the Card locally and overseas.
Simply follow these three easy steps:
- Remember to use your Card for everyday purchases, from gas for your car to magazine subscriptions to dining out. The more you use your Card, the more your points can accumulate.
- Use your Card to pay your regular bills automatically and you can earn points on the bills you’re already paying.
- Earn more rewards by sharing many of the benefits of your Card with someone special. Add Supplementary Cards to your account and you will earn points on those purchases too.
No. There is no expiry or use by date on Miles while you stay enrolled in the Program.
No, it is not possible to transfer Miles to someone else’s Miles Account.
Simply login to your Nations Online Banking or login to your Nations Mobile Banking app. You can also view your rewards statement in your monthly Credit Card statement.
How to Redeem My Membership Miles?
- Redeeming is easy. Just follow these three simple steps:
- Check your Membership Mile balance. You can do this by visiting Simply login to your Nations Online Banking or login to your Nations Mobile Banking app. You can also view your rewards statement in your monthly Credit Card statement.
- Choose your Rewards. Our website features a wide range of exciting Rewards including: top-brand merchandise, gift cards and certificates, as well as premium travel and entertainment options. Click here to view latest rewards.
- Click or call. Follow the instructions on our website to complete your redemption. Alternatively, you may call us at +94 11 441 4141
If your Card has these reward options available, transferring your Membership Miles to a participating frequent flyer or other loyalty program is easy. Currently we have the below transfer partners available.
- Sri Lankan Airlines Fly smiles
- Asia Miles
- Hilton Honors
No, Membership Miles can only be transferred by you into an account in your name.
No, if you want to transfer your Membership Miles to your eligible frequent flyer or other loyalty program you request for it.
No. Once the Membership Miles are transferred, the transfer cannot be reversed
With a few gift cards and certificates there are times during the year when availability is limited. Please consult the terms that come with the gift card for additional information, such as expiry or use by dates.
Once you redeem Membership Miles for merchandise, gift cards or gift certificates, they are not refundable, replaceable or redeemable for cash, credit, or points.
® 2023 American Express Company. All rights reserved. Users of this site agree to be bound by the term of the American Express Website Rules and Regulations.Nations Trust Bank PLC is a licensed commercial bank supervised by the Central Bank of Sri Lanka.
American Express is a trademark of American Express. The Card is issued by Nations Trust Bank PLC pursuant to a license from American Express.